Bumping because game release means cosmetic DLC might finally be around the corner, but mostly because of disguised monkey DeGrey
This is one of the only games I would consider investing heavily into DLC, if only to help the team develop more content.
I have no good idea of my own, but I really like sev_voro’s idea of ‘young Jaina’.
- Rook wearing a suit of heavy armor. Hard as steel!
- Grave wearing a keikogi and headband like Ryu and Akira Yuki wear.
Time to revive this topic!
• Kittycat Onimaru (based on my wife’s disappointment that Onimaru’s just some guy in a mask, after she was used to seeing mostly just his Puzzle Strike art, and she’d thought he was a big cat or something)
• Chef Onimaru (holding a big chef’s knife)
• Surf Onimaru (holding a surfboard)
• Bluejeans Arg
“Grim reaper Onimaru” came up in chat, and that sounds very very good to me
The nostalgic thirtysomething in me kind of wants, like, Virtua Fighter 1-style super-low-poly costumes. Maybe even just completely untextured, solid-colored polygons?
“Janus Quince” would be interesting to me
- Lava Rook. Melt the competition! I don’t mean totally lava. Dark stone with the vines replaced with lava streams. It could probably be enhanced with a shader that animates the texture so it waves a bit near the lava. Bloom lighting might also enhance the look.
- Robot Rook.
- Different samurai armor skins for Onimaru. His default armor looks strange IMO. European knight armor would be cool too.
- Witch Valerie gets more votes.
Argagarg, but he’s made of vines or other stretchy materials. Bubble gum shield? I’m just throwing science at the wall.