Sirlin wants some feedback on the “Ambient Occlusion Downsampling” setting in the debug portion of options menu. Valuable information includes:
- FPS for all three settings.
- Whether “horizontal lines” occur during normal gameplay and/or cinematics, and which settings remove them.
- Which OS and graphics card you use.
Note: The horizontal lines look like the picture below. They most prominently occur during certain cinematics (Jaina Ground Super, Midori Victory Pose), but can also exist during normal gameplay. Whether they occur for you and in what situation seems to be system specific.
EDIT: SUPER ANIMATION THAT OCCURS PRE-HIT IS NOT COUNTED AS A CINEMATIC, AND THEREFORE “Off (Only Cinematics)” WILL NOT REMOVE HORIZONTAL LINES IN THEM.
So, my report looks like this:
- Always Off: ~112 FPS.
- Always On: ~154 FPS.
- Off (Only Cinematics): ~152 FPS.
Horizontal lines (Occur only during cinematics):
- Always Off: Removes horizontal lines during super.
- Always On: DOES NOT remove horizontal lines during super.
- Off (Only Cinematics): DOES NOT remove horizontal lines during super.
System Information: Windows 10, NVidia GeForce GTX 570, FS Version v0.15582
Additional Notes: Windowed Mode, Resolution 1504x846, Anti-Aliasing Off, Valerie vs Jaina on Morningstar