Counter Combo Extensions *updated for v0.11897*

Here I wanted to make a list of all the combo extensions various characters get from the counter mechanic.

If you have better combos, or know of more counters that grant combo extensions, let me know and I’ll update the OP.

https://youtu.be/McIag_iGO_c

https://youtu.be/l0OEUC7IQVk

https://youtu.be/4bXGnGzJoQo

https://youtu.be/MnRxmeoBKgM

https://youtu.be/mmfGgK-iSFI

DeGrey

• AxxC jA AA (4 damage, +2 from counter, corner only)

• (A)A AA (3 damage, +2 from counter, counter on second hit)

• fA AA (3 damage, +2 from counter)

• fA BxxB (3 damage, +0 from counter, for airborne opponents, only adds wall bounce)

• fAxxC jA AA (4 damage, +3 from counter, corner only, only possible when really close and requires strict timing, only possible on big hitbox characters)

• bA fAxxBxxB (4 damage, +3 from counter)

• bA fAxxBxxB A (5 damage, +4 from counter, corner only)

• BxxA AA (3 damage, +2 from counter)

• BxxB BxxB (4 damage, +2 from counter, midscreen only)

• jA BxxB (3 damage, +2 from counter with airborne opponent, same as without counter otherwise)

• jA fA (2 damage, +1 from counter with airborne opponent, the BxxB conversion drops at max jump height)

• jA BxxB A (4 damage, +3 from counter with airborne opponent, +1 otherwise, this combo should be possible but I can’t hit it because I’m bad)

• jB AA (3 damage, +2 from counter, it’s possible without the counter as well if very low to the ground)

• jB AxxC AA (4 damage, +3 from counter, only works when DeGrey goes through his opponent with his jB)

• jSuper (3 damage, +2 from counter)

• (obsolete) A AA (3 damage, +1 from counter, obsolete since v0.11310)

Valerie

• fA BB (3 damage, +2 from counter, only works when you get counter in the last active frames, credit to @M.Dango )

• AA (2 damage, +1 from counter)

• (A)A fA (2 damage, +2 from counter)

• bA fBB (3 damage, +2 from counter, only works if you get counter on the last hit)

• B (or fB) fBB (3 damage, +2 from counter, counter on the yellow hit)

• (B)BB (or fB) (2 damage, +1 from counter, counter on the magenta hit)

• C fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, only works if you get counter on the last hit, up close you can use A instead of fA to get a mixup afterwards)

• jC fBB (3 damage, +2 from counter)

Setsuki

• AAxxB (or Super) (3 damage, +1 from counter, B’s second hit can still be blocked and is unsafe, Super doesn’t leave you unsafe if you have it)

• bA AxxSuper (3 damage, +2 from counter, it does 1 less damage without meter usage)

• BxxSuper (3 damage, +2 from counter, B’s second hit will combo everytime if you get counter on the first hit, it does 1 less damage without meter usage)

• jA jCjA AxxSuper (5 damage, +2 from counter, very tight spacing)

• jbA jCjA AxxSuper (5 damage, +2 from counter, very tight spacing)

• jC jCjA AxxSuper (5 damage, +4 from counter, only works with a very deep hit that leads to immediate landing, credit to @M.Dango )

• (obsolete) AAxxBxxSuper (5 damage, +2 from counter, requires perfect spacing and the delay of B’s first hit, only possible on big hitbox characters, obsolete since v0.11566, credit to @M.Dango )

• (obsolete) fAxxCxxA AxxSuper (4 damage, +3 from counter, it does 1 less damage without meter usage, obsolete since v0.11310)

Jaina

• B bA (2 damage, +1 from counter, corner only, only works at max range)

• jA jA fAxxjB (4 damage, +1 from counter, very tight and requires proper spacing)

Grave

• A Super (3 damage, +1 from counter)

• fAxxfB (2 damage, works at almost every range with counter)

• bB Super (3 damage, +1 from counter, corner only, without counter it’s only possible outside of the Super’s animation range)

• hB Super (3 damage, without counter it’s only possible at perfect range)

• jC jA jB Super (4 damage, +1 from counter, very tight and requires proper spacing)

Geiger

• bA AxxB (3 damage, +1 from counter, only works up close or in the corner)

Rook

• fA fA (3 damage, +2 from counter, counter on second hit, the opponent needs to be very close and as far as I know it only works when counter hitting DeGrey’s BxxA, possible without counter as well with some timing on wakeup)

• bA fA (3 damage, +1 from counter)

• jA bAxxC (3 damage, same as without counter but with better positioning)

• njA bAxxC (3 damage, same as without counter but with better positioning)

• jSuper fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, counter on grounded opponent without animation trigger)

Midori

• A AA (3 damage, +1 from counter)

• fA A (2 damage, +1 from counter, counter on second hit, the opponent needs to be very close and as far as I know it only works when counter hitting DeGrey’s BxxA)

• njA AA (3 damage, +2 from counter)

Dragon Midori

• (fA)A bA (2 damage, +1 from counter, corner only)

Lum

• AxxB (2 damage, works at almost every range with counter)

• airB fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, only works if you get counter on the last hit)

Argagarg (not in a video yet)

• AxxB fA (2 damage, +1 from counter)

• jA fA (2 damage, works at almost every range with counter)

With “xx” I mean “cancel the animation into”, for example DeGrey’s command dash does a different animation if you cancel it into his B ender (the 2 damage punch). So I write it down as “BxxB”.

6 Likes

with xx do u mean cancel or what?

Yeah, you cancel the animation of the button in a special; or, in DeGrey’s case, you cancel his command dash animation in an ender.

well, this line does not make sense to me is since u should cancel b (the command dash) into b (command dash again). what should it accomplish? :confused:

You cancel his command dash in his B option, the 2 damage punch. The animations are different, so this is how I belive the combo should be written down.

2 Likes

updated and hopefully completed, video incoming

EDIT: there’s a video now

3 Likes

updated again with a few more counter combos and added another video with them

updated yet again with one more, very situational Rook combo.

video added

1 Like

updated one more time with video.

please stop me from uploading videos before checking for more.

1 Like

updated for new version and added Patreon only characters

1 Like

updated with a few new ones for Grave and 1 for DeGrey

1 Like

updated yet again with 2 for Midori and Setsuki each

GOD MAKE ME STOP

2 Likes

updated with another video

1 Like

I can’t update this anymore, can a mod help a guy out?

Well the new stuff is:

Setsuki

• B (2 damage, +1 from counter, B’s second hit will combo everytime if you get counter on the first hit)

• Bhold (2 damage, +1 from counter, Bhold’s second hit will combo everytime if you get counter on the first hit)

• CxxC AxxSuper (3 damage, +2 from counter, it’s possible without counter as well but very tight)

• (obsolete) BxxSuper (3 damage, +2 from counter, B’s second hit will combo everytime if you get counter on the first hit, it does 1 less damage without meter usage, obsolete since v0.11897)

Grave

• AxxbB Super (4 damage, +2 from counter, corner only, only works at max range A)

Rook

• njA fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, max range, the first hit of fA whiffs)

Argagarg

• A fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, with airborne opponent)

• fAxxB fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, upclose only)

• bA fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, with airborne opponent)

• jA fA (2 damage, +1 from counter, with airborne opponent, works only at the end of the jump)

1 Like