DeGrey Character Discussion Thread

is fA not good?

fA gets beat by a lot of jumping attacks (I’ve noticed it especially with Valerie who seems to have hitboxes all over her on jumping attacks) and has a LOT of forward movement before the kick comes out. Any close jump gets way over it.

2 Likes

damn… hmm. does his backdash let you beat jumpins, or is it tough to time/read-based?

Backdash anti-air you’d need to start it before the jump does and the only good one would be the C variant that hits upwards - but it does so really far forward like fA too. But yeah at long distance, if you have the read, BC is a good anti-air that beats everything(?) because of invincibility.

1 Like

Does throw beat DeGrey’s ghost?

I didn’t play this match to much over the weekend, and thus when I started fighting DeGreys who were competent, I was way unprepared.

Edit: now that I rethink the question, can’t DeGrey call the Ghost in the air? So I guess throw wouldn’t be the best option. Hmmm…

I know it’s unhelpful, but try not to let them jump in on you.
Also remember your ground super punishes them for two if they get frisky with jump ins.
But basically you want to air to air with your jumping B kicks, as they have great priority, or even use air super. If you’re standing around getting jumped in on, you might need to pressure harder before that happens.
If you’re really stuck, you just have to block! Sucks, I know.