Latest update crashes my GPU driver

Hello. I’m having gpu driver issues with this new update and i wanna see if anyone can help.

For whatever reason, my gpu driver immediately crashes when i’m moving the cursor to highlight different characters in the CSS. I’m using keyboard and a controller (d-input with x360ce), but either option gives the same result.

PC is win7 64-bit, i5 2500k, radeon 5850 with v15.3 driver.

I tried changing resolutions and switching between fullscreen/windowed, but moving the cursor to different characters makes the driver crash no matter the settings.

I tried the basic troubleshooting fixes; restarting my computer, and definitely tried to run the game multiple times throughout the week. GPU was reinstalled last month with latest drivers. I’m gonna look into my gpu driver a little further as i’m presuming its something on my end that is clashing with the update. It’s just odd that this issue happens to be occurring only after the latest update, as i’ve been fully enjoying the game beforehand. I didn’t have this issue even after Argagarg was released.

I’ll be away for the next few hours, but i’m definitely returning to check up on this thread.

Thank you all.

I am having similar problems since the latest update.

I’m on Windows 10 64 bit with an AMD processor with a built-in AMD Radeon HD 6520G

I’ve been using my old laptop to runn Fantasy Strike, and it worked pretty well up until the March update (especially with the recent performance boosts). However, the game stops responding when loading 3D models. For example, when moving around the character select screen, or on the VS loading splash screen in Arcade mode. On the VS screen, sometimes one of the models will load, or sometimes neither. The stage background sounds begin, but the game stays on a VS screen without the character models loaded and then stops responding, Sometimes I can make it into a match, but the game always hangs at some point trying to load a new model.

Thank you.

Edit: I can consistantly make it happen by moving around the character select screen in any mode. I have loaded each of the character models at one point or another, so it’s not a specific character that makes it crash, but it will crash at some point after moving around a few times, with the highlighted character failing to appear on screen.

It’s nice to hear that i’m not the only one with this problem. Sucks that we’re in this predicament though. I tried reinstalling my GPU drivers again and thoroughly tweaking the game settings once more with no success.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

I don’t know what exactly is going on, but one possible hint is that the latest update changed the underlying graphics API from DirectX 9 to DirectX 11. Perhaps there are DirectX-specific settings you can use for the video card?

Interesting. Honestly, I don’t know how i’d go about doing that. Luckily, I bought myself a gtx 1050 to replace my relic HD 5850. Should be arriving this week, and i’m almost positive this change should solve my issue.

I’ve had a specific problem with the 5850 where the latest beta drivers won’t install due to some sort of missing Product ID issue. Weird, since I was on the beta drivers last year before I reinstalled the card.

So i’ve installed a gtx 1050 and the game seems to run fine. Not sure what else to say other than my old HD 5850 couldn’t handle the game for whatever reason, or more likely the reason that @Thelo has mentioned.