On PC, Unplugging then Replugging PS4 DualShock Controller Will Cause Doubled Inputs
When Fantasy Strike is already started up and recognizes the PS4 DualShock controller (plugged in by USB), I can disconnect the controller and then reconnect the controller. When it reconnects, it will now double the inputs. It seems that it is recognizing it as the 1st and 2nd player, simultaneously. It seems that turning off Playstation Configuration Support prevents this from bug from happening.
Steps to reproduce:
- In Steam’s General Settings, have Playstation Configuration Support turned on.
- Have a PS4 DualShock controller plugged in through USB.
- Start up Fantasy Strike.
- Disconnect the controller from the PC.
- Reconnect the controller.
- Hold two buttons and notice that button presses for player 1 and 2 are registered on the same controller.
Reconnecting the controller causes the same player to be controlled instead of assigning to both players.
Reconnecting the controller causes it to register as both players.
Before holding two buttons, pressing down twice while “Online” is highlighted on the main menu will cause both “Practice” and “Tutorial” to be highlighted at once. This seems to be a separate bug that can be reproduced easily with this bug.