Text missing after opening FS on half screen

Title:
Text missing after opening FS on half screen.
Summary:
Certain text and images don’t appear if FS is opened while windowed on half the screen.
These include:

• Characters names and colors in various select screens.
  • Characters names before getting into a match.
  • Stage selection pictures and names.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter windowed mode.
  2. Resize the window (draging the FS window to the left/right side of the screen should make it half sized).
  3. Close FS
  4. Reopen FS

Expected Results:
Text n’ Stuff is displayed normally.

Actual Results:
Text n’ Stuff is missing.

Notes:
All that matters is in what state you open FS.
So if you open FS in a full-sized windowed mode and resize it to half screen, it will still work.

Attachments:
Getting matched:

Practice mode select (Before and after resizing screen)

Boss Rush select

Game Version:
v1.17545

I phrased the Notes section poorly.
Here’s how it should have been worded:
“All that matters is in what state you open FS.
So if you open FS in a full-sized windowed mode and resize it to half screen, it won’t have the bug. Similarly, if you open FS in a half-sized window and resize it to full screen, it will still have the bug.”

BTW: This bug significantly effects me because I have a potato computer and have to play the game on half screen to maintain 60 fps. This also has made me reluctant to stream the game because I don’t want to show the game with this much text missing.

PS: I’m pretty sure this bug is related to Super meter bar disappears during the first match of the ranked set because both bugs appeared on the same patch.

I can’t reproduce this. Can anyone else?

Yep, I reproduced it by doing exactly what he layed out in the first post.

Confirmed that this is happening. I’ll fix it for the next patch, thanks.

2 Likes

It happened to me too. BUT, I had the game always running in full screen. Never alt+tabbed nor anything. After a match, the results page had the text missing. Had to close the game.