[Tournament] Fantasy Strike International Open 21/10

Also everyone, remember this is in just a few days!!
Don’t forget to get in the Official Fantasy Strike Discord where I will be running the tournament, and to test friend matches before the event.

Also this will obviously be happening on the live build, not the Wild West one, so remember to switch over beforehand.

I hope you’re all excited!

First, make sure you’re getting the ‘OBS Studio’ version. It’s much simplified compared to ‘OBS Classic.’ For how to set it up for recording/streaming, look through YouTube for “how to add sources to OBS Studio” and you’ll get a ton of videos that’ll walk you through it. :slight_smile:

Wow this is coming up really soon! I’m excited to go to bed so I can get up and run this. Hope you’re all excited too!

HAPPENING IN LIKE 6 HOURS WOAH I should go get some sleep but I’ll be BACK SOON

1 Like

You probably know this already but if you don’t use this to run the bracket.

http://challonge.com

Hyped!
How will stage select be handled? Should we ban Clocktower because of the distracting visual glitch? I think this is live currently?

If that hasnt been patched yet then yeah, ban that shit.

2 Likes

Taking sign-ups right now! Come get em!

Where do we sign up? here? Well count me in either way.

The Official Fantasy Strike Discord.

TRIPLE YOMI COUNTER???

7 Likes

Thanks everyone for playing!
I ended up running two tournaments, which was rad.

First tournament took about an hour single elim, it was pretty good. Won by Seppuku.
http://challonge.com/fsintopen1

Second tournament was double elim and took about two hours. Squible defeated Seppuku in grand finals from losers. It was very hype.
http://challonge.com/f12ezn7z

Congratulations to our two winners! May big supers and many yomi counters come to you!

Also check out @Knektebroe who will be running weekly tournaments!

5 Likes

As the TO, any lessons learned about hosting this? How was streaming it?

1 Like

Everything actually went really smoothly! People posted their steam profiles in the chat so they could add each other and then challenge, which worked fine. No one had issues with friend matches.
One match did have a desync, but they worked that out on their own. I think they set the game state back to what it was, (score wise) and continued on, which seems like a reasonable solution.

The lag in some matches was quite bad, but it was only to be expected. Only a few people complained about it and were wishing for region locked tournaments, but I can certainly understand it. Playing in lag is not a great time.

Streaming was… ok. I knew it wasn’t going to be super great, but it worked out alright.
According to accounts, it was just barely watchable.
I had Snoc jump in halfway through the second tournament to stream it with a better connection, which improved things slightly.

All in all, everything went pretty well! I definitely can’t wait for spectator mode though.

2 Likes

Just curious, how did you manage to get game footage without spectator mode?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, we streamed discord screen share.
Very inelegant, but some footage is better than no footage!

1 Like

Ah okay, I missed that. And I agree!

1 Like

Incidentally, my part of the stream is archived for however long twitch keeps it, but I’m pretty sure I cut out all the matches I streamed into highlights.
Unsure about snoc’s half though.

1 Like

I might go through and separate out the matches if I get a chance tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Since the latest round of optimisation, I’ve been getting quite playable matches, even on my Australian internet.
With that as a good sign, I shall run another of these in two weeks!

2 Likes