Can't play online vs human players on linux

Title:
Can’t play online vs human players on linux

Summary:
I can’t seem to be able to play online

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the game.
  2. Receive a challenge from steam friend.
  3. Accept the challenge.

Expected Results:
I enter the match vs the challenged user.

Actual Results:
The match doesn’t start and I stay in the main menu.

Notes:
The same happens in case I am the one who sends a challenge. I also get bot opponents in casual matches.
The attached file is log output of the game - the interesting lines are 359-389. This file also lists some other attempts at connecting with each other.

Attachments:
log file: Player.log - Pastebin.com

Game Version:
v0.15582

System Information:
Xubuntu 18.06
Intel Core i5-7300HQ
GeForce GTX 1050 [nVidia 396.54 proprietary drivers]
8GB RAM

Can you try forwarding UDP ports 9991 and 19900 to your local machine, and trying again? This is usually not required, but some specific routers seem to need it.

1 Like

Sadly, port forwarding is not possible in my case - I am using the internet provided by my landlord. I’ll be sure to attempt playing through a different router as soon as I can, though.

Not sure how useful info it is for you, but I tried a different game that uses GGPO (Divekick). I had no problem connecting to the opponent there.

1 Like

Played some ranked matches today on my home internet, which means this aspect of the game works fine on Linux. The bug report as it is worded right now doesn’t hold any water now.

I also tested casual matches - I get matched with a bot, but as far as I’ve heard it is a different bug.

Didn’t test friend challenges here, but I believe other bug reports are about issues with them.

Lastly, I’m sorry for not testing everything I’ve could before filling the bug report.