Random Thoughts and Ideas Thread

So hey, I thought maybe I’d just sort of start a thread for random miscellaneous little ideas that seem like they might be cool or silly or fun or just a nice little bit of polish. You know. One Day™.

IDEA: Troq should still have Giant Growth, but it should make him about Dragon-sized. In return, his normal size should be tiny like Setsuki

IDEA: What if Quince had a timer-based super like Midori, except when he used it, every time he moved one way he created a short-lasting illusion of himself walking the other way (like, fades away after maybe 30f?) or jumping or something like that

IDEA: If Garth winds up getting added to the game, it would be cool if he had a sort of Zato-One thing going on, except that instead of standing in a pool of weaponized shadow, he was carried by skeletal arms sticking out of the ground (and maybe he could have a throw that pulls the opponent underground with skeletal arms?). Maybe Garth himself does very little movement and lets his Skeltal Army doot all the fighting for him?

IDEA: What if Zane had 5½ HP? Like, effectively 6 HP, but he loses ties if the timer runs out, and Arg’s poison takes half as long to do that last hit

IDEA: If you get to the last stage of Arcade mode without losing a round, replace Midori with Deathstrike Dragon, who I guess would basically be a black-based recolor of Dragon, but who also just stays as Dragon 100% of the time

IDEA: When DeGrey does his JUUUSTIIIICE special version of BB, mirror the animation so that he uses his other hand to punch, with his back to the camera (thus also crucially implying that DeGrey has named his fists “Truth” and “Justice”)

1 Like

IDEA: Simplified tag-team fighter?

• Give both players access to at least some of the wackier special moves from Boss Rush and also the powered-up supers

• Both players pick two characters and start with substantially longer life bars than usual (probably 2–3× usual, given the above ways to increase damage)

• 50% of of the way down the life bar, there is a marker for “character down,” and if that point is reached, the point character is out

• BUT when you tag, the “character down” marker is reset to 50% of CURRENT life (and presumably there’s a cooldown on tagging)

• If snapbacks are added through whatever means, presumably they would reset the “character down” marker to its previous position, in order to enable that sort of “bring them back in to finish them off” option

IDEA: What if, as part of her emphasis on relentless rushdown, Gwen had a charge meter akin to Geiger’s, except that it emptied whenever she pushed back?

IDEA: What if BBB were a sort of “inverse Rook,” with extra HP (7, probably) and a great command grab that only worked from long range, forcing BBB to want to get away from the opponent as a grappler?

What “wackier” special moves do you speak of? I don’t have Steam as of yet, so I’d like to be filled in.

There’s an upcoming mode currently available for Patreon subscribers to play, called Boss Rush, that has additional modified versions of special moves available for everyone as optional powerups

IDEA: Menelker’s stance should have his back to the camera like Genjuro

IDEA: What if Gloria’s overdose move happens whenever she tries to heal at full health. Instead, she takes 1 damage, the opponent takes 1 damage, and some of Gloria’s moves get powered up.

IDEA: it would be kinda neat to have a secret accessibility mode to allow one-handed play, using the shoulder buttons for left/right movement and maybe mapping both sticks to handle menu navigation.

Can’t you do this already by mapping those buttons manually?

The map-a-controller popup is a stopgap thing, and I doubt the console versions will, by default, allow remapping of movement buttons (including menu navigation), so this would definitely have to be a special order rather than an ordinary thing, I think

Good point. I hope they keep the mapping buttons option though. It is extremely useful. Gotta have people play on a guitar y’know.

IDEA: What if Arg dropped his staff when KOed?

1 Like

IDEA: Calamandra Moss could basically be the May of Fantasy Strike. Instead of dolphins, she summons tigers with various moves. She could have a “jungle stalker” meter (that looks like eyes in the shadows or something) that works like Geiger’s meter, and she uses that to summon tigers, potentially jumping on them or just letting them fly.

IDEA: Orpal Gloor has poison like Arg, but instead of dealing damage it slows your walk speed and makes attacks take more time to come out. Dealing damage to Orpal removes the effect.

IDEA: Drakk Ramhorn has a reverse Geiger gauge called the Bloodlust meter: it empties when you hold back.

I don’t know if this is a good idea, but it’s amazing and hilarious.

IDEA: Zane could have a move that has random properties on hit. This could mirror how his yomi Shenanigans ability feels.

1 Like

Hmm, what if Persephone’s super did the “bare your soul” thing by having the opponent’s actions be delayed by, like, a second, but they could control a “ghost” of themselves in real time (like a V-ism combo ghost but in reverse), as though Persephone were able to see the opponent’s intentions before they acted?

I feel like Zane should definitely have a Lum-style bomb that can hit himself too. Maybe it can randomly hurt or poison or even rarely heal.

1 Like

Anarch Crusher would be Zane’s ground B, no question. If Shenanigans were a special move though, I myself invisioned it as a rekka with different followups.

A thought that occurred to me after reading up about the character Yumeji from Samurai Shodown: what if River Montoya were left deliberately ambiguous with regards to the character’s gender? (Assuming River winds up getting added to the roster one day) Like, just avoiding making it explicitly clear at any point.

I should probably start a “costume ideas, entrance animation ideas, and training animation ideas” thread, come to think of it.

I hope the console versions let me do A+B to throw, because I actually somehow kind of prefer that for playing on a single Joy-Con

IDEA: What if Perse’s gameplan was centered around an egregious corner oki just like how in yomi she likes to repeatedly knockdown the opponent.

Many of her moves could have special advantages in the corner.
For instance, perhaps in the corner:

• Her throw combos into another move for 1 more damage.
  • Her whip crosses up.
  • Her normal punch combo lengthens by 1 hit for 1 more damage.
  • Her normal that usually wouldn’t knock down combos into a move that does.

Then, her other moves could have properties centered around pushing the opponent into the corner.
For example:

• Wild ride could be a not that great command throw except that it grabs the opponent and throws them nearly a full screen length.
  • Her whip could be slow but have great pushback, even on block.
  • Her mistress command (her gS and/or yomi counter) could have her snap her fingers and then walk the controlled opponent to the dreaded corner before throwing them down there.
1 Like