Will / Can this game come to the Nintendo Switch?

I have a Switch now. Is this still a thing? My computer sucks so not really a possibility of playing on there.

2 Likes

Soon! Theyā€™re still targeting Q1 2019 and making every effort to get to console release ASAP

3 Likes

Anyone know if thereā€™s going to be an update on this? Latest Nindies had no special announcement (I was secretly holding out hope), I recently tried Blade Strangers on Switch b/c Iā€™m INSATIABLY HUNGRY for a good 2d fighter on Switch, and its fine but after having played Fantasy Strike I just went downstairs and fired up my dusty PC instead b/c I really wanted to play! I could play all the time when this is on Switch! I have Nintendo eShop credit already in my account for this + a Nintendo Online membership!

Please ship the game so I can give you more money!!! (Or at least tell me itā€™ll be 3/6/9 more months so I can set my expectations appropriately)

(I know Iā€™m being whiny and shipping is hard. I donā€™t ship a lot of independent projects so Iā€™m not much to talk. I just so want to play this game on my switch)

2 Likes

Based on previous estimated release windows and the fact that they havenā€™t been met, I think the most accurate thing anyone could say is ā€œit will be ready when it is readyā€.

1 Like

Who else is HYPE AS FFFFKKKKKK???

July 25th, Iā€™ll be buying a switch copy for myself, my bro, and my dodgeball homie thatā€™s into fighting games! Sale price of $15 at launch and Iā€™ll get it for somebody else too!

1 Like

Hype af here, too. Do we have confirmation that the switch version will be on sale? Even though the steam sale will still be going on, Iā€™m not certain the other platforms will be on sale.

Not that Iā€™m complaining, $20 is more than fair.

Also, a question for anyone that knows: will online play for the switch version require a Nintendo online subscription?

No I have no idea what the switch or PS4 price will be, launch or otherwise, merely speculating / nudging that it would be awesome to launch w/ a small sale to boost player base :slight_smile:

I suspect online play will require Nintendo online, though I am curious as well.

FWIW if you have amazon prime, you have twitch prime, and if you have twitch prime you can get a year of Nintendo Online for free

I canā€™t wait! Iā€™m getting it as soon as itā€™s available! I need to because my bandwidth isnā€™t very large, so to maximize my play time, I need to download it as soon as possible.

1 Like

Iā€™m flying the evening of the 25th so I super hope it comes out in the AM and I can DL it for my flight!

2 Likes

Right there with you. I have Thursdays off from work. It will kill me if I need to sit around all day NOT playing the game, only for it to come out at night and have to go back to work on Friday. First world problems, I suppose.

3 Likes

Well a bit of a bummer to have the Switch version launching at $30, really would have loved to gift copies to a couple friends, tougher to convince friends at the ā€œpremium indieā€ price point :confused:

Still super hyped to play it myself on Switch though, just hoping more people take the plunge and try it!

1 Like

You can also pre-purchase and pre-download on the Switch now in preparation for your flight!

Yup, already done :slight_smile: Had a $50 eShop GC loaded in my account in anticipation, offering to paypal my FB friends $10 if they buy as well (would have loved the game to launch at $15 so ppl would have jumped right in to try it, but cā€™est la vie, I get why youā€™d price it at $30 on consoles)

1 Like

itā€™s going to be 30 on steam as well

Oh interesting. Well I really hope the game sells well and the number of online players explodes! Iā€™m concerned at that price point it wonā€™t bring bodies into matchmaking the way I was hoping though :confused:

Iā€™M READY!! Lol. Iā€™ve got my preloaded copy on Switch, and I guess Iā€™m just counting down 'til 12 est for it to unlock.

Iā€™M SO READY FOR THIS GAME!

3 Likes

SAME!

First impression was that single player seems to randomly hang while waiting for a multiplayer match but if not playing and searching for match, the game runs butter smooth and looks gorgeous!

1 Like