Controller Asignment on Local Play Issues

TL;DR: I know the game is in super pre-alpha; I’d just love to see some better assignment of P1/P2 in the controller setup menus.

I wanted to play local with my wife earlier. Me - Player 1 using a keyboard. Her - Player 2 using a fight stick. When I held two buttons down to add a her fight stick (which works amazingly), it would only bind to player 1.

I may be a dummy, but this is what I ended up needing to do:

1. Unplug her fight stick
  2. Insert a second/dummy controller (an unnecessary third input device) and bind that to player 1
  3. Plug in her fight stick and bind her controller to player 2
    I could then use my keyboard as P1 and leave the additional third controller resting on my computer.

I find this amount of effort unacceptable to just add a P2 with a controller. I know probably not many people use the keyboard as a primary input device. I’d just like to see the keyboard treated like a controller after another controller is already installed.

I hope my message finds whoever well. It’s a great game for pre-alpha right now and I’m really digging it.

There is currently no way to control which controller goes to p1 and which to p2. I’ve had it spec’d out for well over a year and we still haven’t had the development bandwidth to get to it. Still plan to implement that feature.

As a workaround, you can plug in the fightstick, sets its buttons to whichever player it ends up as (example: for p1), then set the keyboard controls for yourself for p2. It only takes like a few seconds set p2’s keyboard to whatever keys you’d normally use. Not ideal, but it does quickly let you play fightstick vs keyboard for the time being.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I’m glad to hear it’s on the chopping block though.