Alternate skin/costume ideas!

Bumping because game release means cosmetic DLC might finally be around the corner, but mostly because of disguised monkey DeGrey

2 Likes

Agreed!

This is one of the only games I would consider investing heavily into DLC, if only to help the team develop more content.

3 Likes

same here!

1 Like

I have no good idea of my own, but I really like sev_voroā€™s idea of ā€˜young Jainaā€™.

2 Likes
  • Rook wearing a suit of heavy armor. Hard as steel!
  • Grave wearing a keikogi and headband like Ryu and Akira Yuki wear.
1 Like

Time to revive this topic!

IDEAS!

Onimaru:
ā€¢ Kittycat Onimaru (based on my wifeā€™s disappointment that Onimaruā€™s just some guy in a mask, after she was used to seeing mostly just his Puzzle Strike art, and sheā€™d thought he was a big cat or something)
ā€¢ Chef Onimaru (holding a big chefā€™s knife)
ā€¢ Surf Onimaru (holding a surfboard)

ā€¢ Bluejeans Arg

1 Like

ā€œGrim reaper Onimaruā€ came up in chat, and that sounds very very good to me

2 Likes

The nostalgic thirtysomething in me kind of wants, like, Virtua Fighter 1-style super-low-poly costumes. Maybe even just completely untextured, solid-colored polygons?

1 Like

ā€œJanus Quinceā€ would be interesting to me

1. Lava Rook. Melt the competition! I donā€™t mean totally lava. Dark stone with the vines replaced with lava streams. It could probably be enhanced with a shader that animates the texture so it waves a bit near the lava. Bloom lighting might also enhance the look.
  2. Robot Rook.
  3. Different samurai armor skins for Onimaru. His default armor looks strange IMO. European knight armor would be cool too.
    :Musashi_imageUntitled
  4. Witch Valerie gets more votes.
1 Like

Argagarg, but heā€™s made of vines or other stretchy materials. Bubble gum shield? Iā€™m just throwing science at the wall.

1 Like

This was brought up in the discord because of a piece of art that was Setsuki in an outfit inspired by TF2ā€™s Scout.

So, a set of TF2 inspired costumes.

Setsuki - scout
Rook- Heavy
Onimaru - Soldier
Geiger - Engineer
Jaina - Pyro
Quince - Spy
Grave - Demoman
Argagarg - sniper
Lum - Medic

This is a great idea.

Here is the Setsuki-Scout thing mentioned above. They really have the same ā€œlol, too fast for youā€ thing going on. Lots of games have TF2 cosmetics, so the rights are not probably even that hard to get.

Would love to see a sort of Dark Phoenix-inspired Jaina. That is, hair made of fire, glowing eyes. Something like the following
dark_jaina2
Not necessarily the outfit, just the fiery design.

Orange and white palette for DeGrays prisoner skin.

Joke costumes for leveling up!
Grave wields an oar.
Geiger is a part timer who throws donuts.
Rook is literally a rook. (chess)
Midori is a fat dad.
Lum is NOT a panda?
Onimaru wields a flag and wears a suit. Heā€™s really into politics these days.

Some costumes from pre-release arenā€™t in the game, but they look cool! Hereā€™s an example:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a fan of the game Furi, so this popped in my head.

Grave as the Edge

Onimaru as the Hand

Geiger as the Line

Quince as the Scale

Jaina as the Song

Setsuki as the Burst

I found the black skins (Bug? Should be a feature).