Title: Boss Rush Bugs
Summary: A few Gold Powerups in Boss Rush aren’t functioning as intended.
Steps to reproduce:
- Choose Rook’s Infinite Landslide in Boss Rush
- Choose Valerie’s CMYK in Boss Rush
- Choose Argagarg’s Fish are Friends in Boss Rush
- Rook’s Infinite Landslide - Given the description of +1 damage, I’d expect for the first hit of Landslide to do 1 damage and the 2nd hit to do 2, totalling 3.
- Valerie’s CMYK - For both Yellow and Black (the 3rd and 4th hits of her grounded B special respectively) to be able to perform a double crossup by moving in opposite directions.
- Argagarg’s Fish are Friends - For two fish to come out when using Rushing River (Argagarg’s grounded C special)
- The first hit of Landslide is completely removed when you take this powerup. The 2nd hit does 2 damage as expected but the first hit no longer exists. This makes the move do 2 damage, which it did before taking the powerup, making the +1 damage description misleading. Given that this can be seen as more of a nerf to Landslide, I assume this is a programming mistake as opposed to a misleading description.
- Going to use an example to explain how Valerie’s CMYK crossup works. In these examples imagine you’re playing Valerie and you’re on the left side of the screen. There are a few different ways you can use her grounded B with this powerup, and only some of them make sense.
1 - You hit same side with Yellow and same side with Black. This works correctly, no issues.
2 - You hit same side with Yellow and crossup with Black. This works correctly, no issues.
3 - You crossup with Yellow and then crossup again with Black. This is the part that is bugged. Yellow brings you to the right side of the screen, but despite you inputting Left to crossup with Black, Valerie keeps flying to the right when she uses Black, whiffing completely.
- Argagarg’s Fish are Friends simply does nothing. The 2nd fish does not come out as expected when you use Rushing River’s 2nd input.
I have a theory that taking some other powerups affects how these powerups work as I’ve very occasionally seen them work as intended (for Valerie and Argagarg anyway, Rook’s always behaves as described.) It may be some powerups conflicting.
Current patch at time of writing
Intel Core i7 6700
32GB Corsair 3000mhz Vengeance LPX DDR4 (4x8GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Also observed on Nintendo Switch.