The Game Mostly Became Unresponsive in Training Mode
I was in training mode with DeGrey and Setsuki. DeGrey was the first player, Setsuki was the second. I was using a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for the first player, and the keyboard was used for the second player. I was frame-stepping through a setup. As I hit frame advance, I heard a sound effect like I was navigating a menu and then selected an option. However, the screen was still in training mode on the frame that I was stepping through. I was currently queued in casual and ranking. The notification that it was searching for casual and ranking disappeared. Every button I pressed on the controller did not respond with the exception of frame step on/off. However, the only visual indication of that was the notification that frame advance was on or off. The scene never changed. After waiting for a minute or so, I exited the game by forcefully closing it. I will attempt to document each exact step I was doing down below. The log was sent in a DM to Thelo.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go into Training Mode with DeGrey as 1P (used color 5), Setsuki as 2P (used color 4).
- Move Setsuki right next to DeGrey (She was on the left side).
- Enter frame step mode using controller.
- Hold nA for Setsuki, and back for DeGrey.
- Advance 1 frame, then let go of nA.
- Advance forward 5 frames until DeGrey blocks the knee.
- Hold C for Setsuki.
- Advance forward until Setsuki starts her tumbler animation.
- Let go of C. Advance 2 frames.
- Hold C for Setsuki. Hold up and A for DeGrey.
- Advance 1 frame. At this point is where I heard the menu navigation sound effects. To be specific, I was holding C on keyboard and up, A, frame-step on controller. I also noticed at this time that the match making search notification was missing. I do not know for sure if it disappeared at this time or earlier.
- Observe that the only button that will now respond is frame-step on/off. The notification for frame step will change, but nothing else will change.
The game continues to respond by either frame-stepping as usual or get pulled into an online match.
The game became mostly unresponsive. The music still played. However, the only button that would respond was the frame-step on/off. The game state never advanced.
I have a suspicion that it was attempting to connect to an online opponent for matchmaking.
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3.00 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Windows 10 Pro
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller