In Practice, the dummy’s Yomi Counter setting also affects the player

Title:
In Practice, the dummy’s Yomi Counter setting also affects the player

Summary:
In Practice, the Dummy’s Yomi Counter setting also affects the player. When it is Never, not only does the dummy not Yomi Counter when thrown (good), the player is also unable to Yomi Counter (bad). When it is Random, the player is unable to Yomi Counter only some of the time.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a Practice match with any two characters, for example Grave vs. Jaina
  2. In the Pause menu:
    1. In Basics, change Yomi Counter to Never.
    2. In Dummy Settings, change Wakeup Action from Nothing to Throw.
  3. With your character, knock down the other character. For example, throw them.
  4. With your character, walk right next to the dummy before they get up, then release all controls.

Expected Results:
The dummy gets up and tries to throw me, but gets Yomi Countered.

Actual Results:
The dummy gets up and successfully throws me even though I’m not holding any buttons.

Notes:
Though the Yomi Counter setting is in the Basics section of the Practice pause menu, I would expect it to only apply to the dummy AI’s behavior, not to my character’s abilities.

This bug prevented me from viewing Onimaru’s Yomi Counter animation, which I was curious to see. I had to change the setting to Random and keep throwing and standing still until it randomly worked (1 in 4 chance).

The intended effect of the Yomi Counter setting is to make the dummy always Yomi Counter when the player tries to throw them. This functionality works fine.

Game Version:
v1.18893

System Information:
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

That’s intended.

Working as intended. It’s a general setting, not under the “dummy” tab.