Little quality-of-life improvement ideas

Game suggestions:
-in training mode, a “jump” and possibly a “jump back”/“jump attack” setting to the “what does the bot do after blocking/waking up”. This would help characters such as quince, whose main weakness is a lack of antiair, train against it.

Forum suggestions:
-a link to this forum within the game
-https because we’re in 2020
-using the same account on the forum as the one in the game
-a forum… probably doesn’t need onboarding? Could be wrong but I feel that type of stuff is fairly common knowledge by now

2 Likes

Friends List ordering is still not alphabetical - would be nice if you could set your sort too, eg: alpha, by rank, by friend type (friend on-your system eg Steam or not) etc.

Friend TV Pick -> Filter What You See -> Friends to Watch
Really really needs this and a search filter. I have 14 pages of friends so this feature is kinda hard for me to use atm!

Alternative thing to add would be “Watch replays from this player” on the main Friends List too to jump to this page, filtered already in place for that player.

Let me set my controller as P2. Having both players on keyboard… Doesn’t work.
Discount bundles for people looking to purchase LOTS of cosmetics.

What’s wrong with the controller being player 1?

Have characters flash white during knock-down and slowly make that flash fade as they stand up, so that there is a visual aid to make timing meaties a little easier.

Keyboard is already P1. I need controller to be P2 for my friends.

Can’t you just… make the keyboard player 2? Is there any functional difference?

Already mentioned above, but echoing it: hitboxes in training mode. Implementing it would take ten minutes, maybe, and would go a long way to helping lab tech. I find the hitboxes/active frames of quite a few things unintuitive.

There’s no way I’ve found to unmap the jump button on Steam, but it can be done on PS4. I fatfinger it during scrambles and it’s throwing me off, but there’s no way to disable it or set it on the buttons I won’t accidentally press.

• Random character select!
2 Likes

My understanding, from the number of times this has been requested over the years, is that it’s the sort of thing that’s a bit more complicated to implement than it sounds like, and also that the devs would love to be able to have in there if they had the spare time/resources to. After all, hitbox display was one of the features added to SSF2T HD Remix.

Currently equipped items are saved between sessions for both ports, so having to switch to Player 2 means having to equip a different set, then re-equip the previous one after the game.

Isn’t that only for online queues? I’m pretty sure nothing is saved for local vs matches.

Nope, it’s for local matches too.

Visible Elo for Master ranked players. While being able to see your place among other Masters is nice, actually getting to see your Elo would be even more clear feedback.

2 Likes

Just want to second this. Your rank among masters is nice too, but your Elo is the true measure of your place in the system.

The ranking could be available on the fantasystrike.com site, as a leaderboard, with open Elo or hidden, or in game, whatever is less work.

2 Likes

Have frame advantage sparks be dark red on -4 on worse. Having frame advantage displayed during a fight with these sparks is already superb, but it would be even better if it differentiated minus, but still safe moves from moves minus enough to be throw punishable.

Can’t you just… make the keyboard player 2? Is there any functional difference?

Yeah… I don’t want to rebind controls every time I need to lab something with my brother. Allow me to choose a different “virtual port” for my controller.

• Remember my skins.
  • If the opponent chose the same costume, change THEIR costume instead of MINE (on my side). I had a Rook Mirror yesterday and was forced to play as Clay Rook, which confused me during the start of the match and makes me want to not buy skins. I’d hate to buy a popular skin only to be forced to wear something else during mirror matches. I guess P1 has priority for skins right now?
  • Make more animations skippable, particularly in ranked queue. I just want to get in and play.
2 Likes

Skipping upgrade choice phase in Boss Rush, to make e.g. gold upgrades-only runs possible.

2 Likes
  • Discount the collectors pack for core pack owners. -$10?
  • Add the soundtrack to the collectors pack. (Surely this was an oversight?)
  • Add character select music to the soundtrack.
  • More advanced sound options, like the ability to always use MY character’s theme, or choose specific songs.
  • Option to turn off environment SFX, but only on the main menu.