New build! v6326

Most of you probably already know this, but a new build came out!

Here are the big changes:

Patreon Account Verification:
You can now play the game at the $5 tier! Being on a higher tier gives you access to more characters. Grave, Jaina, Rook, Setsuki, and Valerie for $5, Geiger for $10, and lastly DeGrey and Midori for $25!

Geiger revision!
Geiger underwent a few tweaks regarding frame data, but as far as new features go, he had two normals change: His 5A is now a crouching punch with a bit of start up that is special cancellable, and his 4A is a slidey step kick thing that combos into Flash Gear! This definitely opens up Geigerā€™s offensive options and rewards Geiger for higher risk play. He also can do some pretty crazy combos in niche circumstances. Youā€™ll definitely need to keep an eye out for when you can confirm big damage off of super cancelling!

Setsuki Animations:
Setsukiā€™s animations are largely finished! Theyā€™re looking really good, and hitting an air opponent with J.C->C is incredibly satisfying. I also quite like her yomi counter and her super.

New stage! Midoriā€™s dojo.
I absolutely love this stage conceptually. Itā€™s currently at its most basic form however, with mostly basic shapes and lighting. The dojo is also a little too small, I think. :stuck_out_tongue: That said, expect it to improve and look wonderful~

What does everyone who has the build think?

2 Likes

Setsukiā€™s animations look great! Iā€™m pumped that Valerie has music now! Geiger seems really combo-videoable!

I do definitely agree that the dojo building seems a bit smaller than Iā€™d expected. I was expecting something with SF3-style exaggerated perspective like the original concept art, though it still looks pretty good overall so far!

Hi can someone please confirm the 4 characters playable at the $5 tier? I would like to pledge, but I wonā€™t if I canā€™t play Rook in that modeā€¦ :disappointed_relieved: #MoneyProblems

Apparently the playable characters are determined by completeness, and Rook is looking very complete indeed (Geiger is the $10/month bonus, and DeGrey and Midori are maxband)

1 Like

Holy crap.

So now it seems like Geigerā€™s Air Super is almost identical to how he murders you in Yomi.

Get KD either through Flash Gear or a Throw. Then jump super over their body (the way Valerie does with Rainbow Disc).

So now you can Throw if they try to block, go for a crossup C (leads to the most damage) or maybe just a regular jump C to get them to block wrong. Against Setsuki (short character) I was able to get combos like:

Air super, crossup C, AB (air super connects), then anything that reaches (ABC) =8-9 hits, 5 damage (COULD be 6 but I donā€™t think so, also canā€™t tell because of her health bar).

Very dangerous. On larger characters itā€™s harder to get the crossup 3 damage combo to hit before Cycloid (is this super Cycloid? I think so?) reaches the target and makes them airborne. After theyā€™re airborne you can get 1 more hit in and then Cycloid will deal its 1 damage, so I think itā€™s 5. Been trying to get a second hit in somehow but itā€™s not so easy.

Itā€™s also POSSIBLE but very hard to get Slow Time Spiral to hit during the 3 hit crossup, but getting the crossup C requires you to be nearly max distance before letting the Spiral fly. And then you have to make sure that where you placed Cycloid is close enough to where itā€™s going to extend the combo. Itā€™s totally dream scenario but as far as I can tell, 6 damage is the most you can get with this setup (and it has to be against Setsuki so the 6th damage doesnā€™t matter).

Whereā€™s Desk when you need him?

He seems very strong. I need others to play against to find out if he really is, though!

Also this was always the button Geiger was missing ; the Guile C.MP that cancels into everything. Though maybe Iā€™m weird and I would rather b+A be the punch and A be step-kick.

1 Like

So I downloaded the build and played through the arcade mode with Rook last night. SO MUCH FUN! I love his new airial splash! Seems like that will be another nice tool to deal with projectiles! Unfortunately, my laptop just isnā€™t up to snuff; a few minutes after completing the arcade mode, my laptop shut down due to overheating issues. So Iā€™m going to cancel my patreon support until I can get a new computer. :cry:

Have you tried turning down the graphics settings, juicer? The defaults are pretty high quality.

(or is your laptop some kind of ancient artifact)

1 Like

First thing I did when it loaded was change the graphics to low. My laptop counts as an Ancient Artifact unit.

Hi, new patron pages are very cool.
I told to Japanese FGC,called "ę ¼ć‚²ćƒ¼ćƒć‚§ćƒƒć‚«ćƒ¼(Kakuge-Checker)"
about FSFG !
I hope they will talk to Japanese FG fans about FSFG on Twitter.
And I want to play New ver. of FSFG, but itā€™s midnight in Japan.
I must go to work, so LATERā€¦

3 Likes

Geiger being able to cancel a crouching punch into Timekick makes me feel likeā€¦ Iā€™m home

2 Likes

I cannot overemphasize the importance of the fact that this redesign allows Geiger to now properly play gears-out