Quince Air Super into Two Truths Desyncs Replays

Title: Quince Air Super into Two Truths Desyncs Replays

Summary: When Quince does Counter Hit Air Super into activating Two Truths, if the round continues without the opponent immediately dying, the replay becomes desynced for the rest of the game, even if there are no issues in the actual game.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Quince does Air Super and then activates Two Truths while the illusions are still active.
  2. The opponent doesn’t immediately die. The clones do some actions (probably on block) before the round ends.
  3. Watch the replay.

Expected Results: Replay should work correctly and follow exactly what the game was like.

Actual Results: The game played fine, but the replay shows incorrect events, starting from after Quince uses his Air Super and then activates Two Truths while the illusions are still around. After the opponent blocks some of the clone attacks, one or two of the clones may inconspicuously disappear after their attack is blocked. The rest of the replay is then horribly desynced with the actual events.

HOWEVER, in the end the win is still given correctly to the person who won the game, regardless of what actually happened in the glitched replay. If it’s a team game, the rest of the replay plays as normal with no issues.

Notes: The match that broke my replay was with someone who played on the Switch while I was on Steam, but I do not know if that is relevant.

I also looked at one of RogueYoshi’s replays in the replay theater and noticed this same replay bug occurring after Quince does Consent of the Governed into Two Truths.

The reason why I think the bug needs the opponent to not die right away is because the first time the combo happened in my replay, there was no desync when Grave died immediately. Also, during another match I played I used the same combo, but then killed my opponent immediately upon the following mixup, and the replay was fine. I hypothesize that the bug occurs specifically when each of the clones does an action on block, which then causes them to leave or something.

Attachments: My replay with timestamps in description: Quince Replay Desync - YouTube
RogueYoshi’s replay: Quince Replay Desync (RogueYoshi) - YouTube

Game Version: v1.18962

System Information: (probably not relevant, but here you go)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

i thought it had something to do with that
was pretty disorienting when i was recording video earlier haha
thanks for doing this writeup