Some supers have frames where the other player's moves can activate

Title:
Some supers have frames where the other player’s moves can activate

Summary:
Some supers appear to have frames where other moves can activate. These appear to be between-frames between one animation and a second animation.

This is most notably using one super during another super, such as Geiger time walking during Midori’s dragon transformation.

Steps to reproduce:
To activate a move during the other character’s super, mash buttons or use training mode’s frame step while alternatively pressing and releasing the super button between frames.

I found this by using Midori’s dragon transform during Geiger’s ground super, and got a similar outcome using Argagarg’s bubble shield during Midori’s dragon transform.
During Geiger’s ground super, there are some frames just after he starts walking where Midori’s super input is accepted. His super bar glows green and it makes the dragon sound, and just after the walk ends Midori does the dragon transform animation.

Similarly, during Midori’s dragon transform there are a few frames where I could activate Argagarg’s bubble shield or Geiger’s walk, or any other move it seems. These are the frames just before the dragon appears.

Expected Results:
The game shouldn’t execute the move input during the super’s animation frames.

Actual Results:
The move plays its startup animation, sound, and visual effects during the other character’s super.

Notes:

Attachments:

Game Version:
v0.13334

System Information:

Isn’t that just The Input Buffer doing What its suppose to do ?

Assuming I’m understanding this correctly… if Player 1 activates a super then the expcted result is Player 2’s inputs showed get eaten up and not register after the Screen Flash… right ?

But what you’ve experienced is After Player 1 activates super then Player 2’s inputs still register a few frames after the Screen Flash, right ?

If thats the case then Yep… the game is doing exactly what it would programed to do.

During most of the super freeze, your opponent’s inputs are ignored. But if the opponent presses any buttons during the first 8 frames of your super freeze, they’ll be forced to perform that move right as the super freeze ends. At first glance, it looks like opponents can easily block your supers on reaction because the super freeze is so long, but if they already were pressing a button as you did your super, they will not be able to block.

They designed it like This to prevent Option Selects… just the like Yomi counter… which I think is lovely. Other fighting games just leave Option Selects in… which I can get used to… however some fighting games are worse… they deliberately put in Option Selects and then make them difficult to do … giving more dexterous players an unparalleled advantage that just makes the game not fun for newbies.