Something OMAKE idea

I want to talk about something small idea in FSFG.
OMAKE(おまけ) means extra, something of fun, glad, happy.
You can use this thread.

2 Likes

In GAME OVER, I want “Sensei’s Message”.
Sensei is Mr.Sirlin.
Message is “Playing to Win”.
Just “TRY AGAIN !” that is Boring.

ゲームオーバー画面で「先生のひとこと」が欲しい。
先生とは Mr. Sirlin。
メッセージとは格闘ゲーム(または勝負)における秘訣、格言などである。
ただTRY AGAIN !じゃスッゲツマンネ(しムカつく時もあるし)。
(Playing to Win からの引用、Fanに人気のある名言など10種〜あると良い。
もちろん、Mr.Sirlinが「ヤダなぁ面倒くさい」と思ったら無視してくださって
全く構わない)

1 Like

I kind of like this idea! I’ve been playing ARMS and Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and they use loading screens for advice and reminders. Maybe FS could do something like that? It’s a good idea to add “playing to win” advice in the game!

I hope the finished game has some kind of art gallery feature, too, because there is very good art in all of these games.

4 Likes

And on the game over because of arcade victory, a recorded voice message “Thank you for playing my game.”?

SF2 had each character showing a victory quote on the win screen. Very easy to implement, and adds some characterization outside story mode.

2 Likes

Every time you yomi counter, Sirlin says “Yomi is the Japanese word for reading the mind of the opponent.”

4 Likes

I agree with victory quotes being easy to implement and flavorful. The old forum actually had a bunch of good suggestions. Non-Yomi players have repeatedly complained that the character designs are boring/generic. I think giving them some personality ingame can go a long way.

Edit: the old thread: http://game.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/victory-catchphrases.4605/#post-140786

2 Likes

Besides, each character already has 2 quotes in their Yomi deck.

Two?

(I hate this forum software)

1 Like

maybe he means the char card quote and the EX char card quote.
But i think that even yomi dialagues could do. Every character already has different winning bantering

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that the Yomi bots chat.

very annoying lines, imo, but very effective :joy: