What are Fantasy Strike's system requirements?

I.e. Both minimum and recommended.

Even if it’s work in progress, non-final requirements.

I really don’t know, but after this last weekend of play (I took part in the free demo weekend)…yes, this game can be played on a toaster. My PC is the furthest thing from a gaming rig, but even I was able to run the game, play Arcade at a decent and consistent frame rate, and even play online with little issue.

3 Likes

…and the game is not even optimized yet. That’s neat.

1 Like

From the Steam page, for the early access version:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4302Y @ 1.6GHz, Celeron G1840 @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II X3
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GT 555M, 9800 GTX / Radeon R7, HD 8500
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: -

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5-5200U @ 2.20GHz, Celeron G3920 @ 2.90GHz / AMD Athlon II X4 645
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 960, Radeon R9 280X
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection

Steam page doesn’t have mac specs eh?

The free weekend builds ran on my Early 2011 MacBook Pro, I imagine most machines less than 4-5 years old should be able to run it okay

Actually, also from the Steam page:

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2014 models and newer
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 2014 models and newer

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2015 models and newer
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 2015 models and newer
Network: Broadband Internet connection

1 Like

The specs listed on the Steam page are not super accurate. That’s our best guess given the reports we’ve had from how well the September 2017 version of the game runs on various people’s computers.

It would be helpful if you all let us know your own experiences (must be September 2017 build or later) and if we should adjust the min / recommended specs up or down. Or if you find them realistic already. Or you could simply list your own specs and describe how the game runs for you.

4 Likes

I’ll do the latter when I get home and run the Steam build.

2 Likes

This game can run in intel HD 4600, core i5-4300m 2.60GHz, 8gb ram?

My laptop model is Lenovo T440p

Tks

Okay, so, I can run the game good and stuff. Can’t tell you FPS or anything, but I’m running on high settings and not seeing any slowdown or anything. Not worth posting specs, because processor and memory are both double the recommended amount, so probably nothing to learn from that.

My brother gave it a test run on his Macbook Air (I think 2013-ish? I’ll confirm with him the specs) and it runs on that okay he said!

My 2011 Macbook Pro (17" 2.3ghz i7 16gb ram 500gb SSD) runs it ok on lowest and 1280x800, framerate stutters a bit on higher resolutions than that.

Also Valerie does not properly render. I’ll file a bug report for it. EDIT nevermind, once I restarted to get more screenshots, it sorted itself out.

Before and After Screenshots for those curious what Ghost Valerie looks like

#Before:

#After:

Hype that I can take my laptop with me and play on two controllers anywhere! Will be fun to demo to friends :slight_smile:

My Macbook Pro Spec details

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B2D
SMC Version (system): 1.70f5
OS: Sierra 10.12.3 (looks like I am behind on upgrades…)

1 Like

It’s worth noting that the game just got a HUGE performance improvement that may push the minimum requirements down by quite a bit. I went from “keep graphics on lowest and keep vsync off, just in case” to “I actually played at maximum graphics with vsync on, online, against someone nearish by, and never dropped below 60 fps”

2 Likes

Yes please suggest new minimum specs and recommended specs based on the December 2017 update, since that update has massive performance improvements.

Or if you don’t want to suggest specifics, tell us what your machine’s specs are and what graphics quality you run on to get 60fps.

2 Likes

My computer specs (laptop):

Windows 10
Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50 GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I can now run on 640x480, Lowest setting, VSync Off for 60fps. Occasional dips to about 55fps on Snow Mountain stage. I can play on slightly higher resolution (800x600) on some stages such as Valerie’s (and possibly Sanctuary or Tavern). However, for consistency sake across the board, I leave it on 640x480.

Love it since I regularly dipped to 40fps (or lower) on 512x384 when I played online before the December 2017 update!

Edit: Another point of reference.

Desktop
Windows 10
Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.07 GHz
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

1920x1080, Highest, VSync Off. Regularly around 100+ fps.

Is Valve in charge of updating the system requirements?
Because as I stated in my own topic, I can run the game on my old late 2012 iMac just fine on lowest graphics.
Maybe I should test online though…

System requirements are set by the devs for each game, but they can be updated/changed

That would be nice.

I have experienced lag online, but it hadn’t anything to do with the frame rate or my internet connection, but maybe my opponent did. I hope I will be able to test online against a friend soon. I do find it wonderful how I’m able to run it though, but I wasn’t playing on my television this time.
The frame rate did fluctuate a lot, but was consistently above 80, so that’s fine I guess.
I tried playing with higher settings, but that didn’t work out.

Thanks for reporting to us how the game plays on your machines. That’s the kind of thing we need to provide more accurate system requirements, especially as the game changes and we optimize things.

Since we are few months further, has anything changed about the minimum system requirements?

The best way we know what minimum system requirements make sense is for all of you to tell us. Please give us data about what you think the specs should be listed as.

2 Likes