Will i get bodied when i start playing online because of how small the community is atm?

hi

will i get bodied when i start playing online because of how small the community is atm?

thank you

1 Like

There’s quite a few of us playing that are still new. The main point of the game is low execution barrier enabling fighting game beginners to play so you should be fine. Although there are match up details to learn, and mechanics to learn to exploit you should be fine. Most character’s nuances are pretty easy to learn.

The best way to get better is to just jump right in! The best way to learn is against other players! Don’t worry too much about winning or losing and see what you can learn from what other players do and how they play the game.

Besides, the best way to solve the problem of a smaller community is to not be afraid to play online. You are adding another player to the mix and it if other newer players start they will have a better chance of coming up against someone of better skill level!

2 Likes

If I’m any indication then you should have a pretty easy time against most players online.

1 Like

Not really. The community might be small, but you can find a good variety of skill levels.

I don’t think you will, but if you do, you can always look for newer players to practice against using friend matches. You can look for similar skill/experience players in the Fantasy Strike Discord. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a massive win streak during the free weekends, but every time I play on steam now I get the floor wiped with me, then polished to a shiny chrome finish with me. But maybe I’m just bad :information_desk_person:

i just started playing online. somehow i won the first round, but lost all the other rounds and the rematch aswell.
however, even though i dont even know all my moves yet i always felt that i would have had a chance if i knew more, so i still somehow had a lot of fun. seems to me sirlin has succeeded with this game :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s the best part. You might get destroyed by better players, but it’s usually evident what you did wrong and you can learn lessons other than “gotta practice more to consistently use my moves.”

For me, there were a few moments of “I have no idea how to approach this match up”, but people on the Discord were very helpful for those.

2 Likes